Friday, January 31, 2020

Title Research: Horror/Thriller (Silent Hill)



Silent Hill, a horror and thriller-based film, has by far the most intriguing opening I've seen so far. A total of 25 titles were present in the opening sequence. The sequence held a sad, yet terrifying mood. Although I found the song choice to be a bit odd, it didn't stop me be from being interesting in the film, in fact it helped pull me in even more. Images of the characters in the film were the showed alongside titles. The title's font played a role in the sequences appeal. The genre was reinforced through the dark lighting and creatures present in the opening sequence. The editing technique of the opening was amazing as well, although the movie is live action, I thought it was interesting how it had an animated like opening instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment