Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Pinnacle studios

 Today I sat through a lesson about our camera procedure for the class and on how to edit. I learned how to use a tripod. In order to attach my camera to the head of a tripod, I must unscrew a disk on the head and securely attach it to the bottom of my camera. Once the disk is secure, I can then attach the disk back to the tripod with my camera attached. I also learned how to use the lock knob. I can tighten it if I want a stationary camera or loosen it to do camera movements such as a pan or tilt. Walking with the legs of the tripod open isn't such a good idea and is in fact dangerous because you never know what may happen. Instead, I must close the legs tightly, then I am able to walk with the tripod. It's the same exact steps when it comes to detaching the camera, just in reverse. First, I unscrew the disk from the head and unscrew it from the camera. Then, I simply reattach the disk to the head and I am all done. 


 For editing we will be using the software Pinnacle Studios. So far, it doesn't seem complex at all. Here's an example of what the program looks like.


 A tip I was given when it comes to importing to just import all of my files all at once, whether it be my takes, voice overs, or music, import it all. Once I've imported my files, I have to switch the default from organize to edit. After that, I am able to place my raw footage onto my working area. On Pinnacle Studios, there are three AV tracks. AV track 1 should be used for my titles, Av track 2 is for my footage and AV track 3 is for my sounds, such as music and voice overs. I must wait for everything to load before clicking, if I don't, the program will crash. From here I can use the play bar to cut clips. If I right click, a few options will appear. From here I can open up effects to add transitions and detach the audio. I can speed up my shot, slow it down or even reverse it. There's a T symbol that I can use to add my titles as well.

 These are a few extra things I've learned. When moving files from my SD card to my desktop, it'd be best to save everything in one folder. Another thing, Pinnacle Studios auto saves, so even if the program crashes, I am able to access all of my work as long as I click the correct options. I also learned a few key terms. Dumping is the action of moving raw footage from my SD card onto my desktop. Importing is the action of moving my files from my desktop into the program. Exporting is the action of taking my file from the program and moving it onto my desktop. Rendering is when the program takes everything that I have done and combines them together by smoothing and cleaning it up. When I save, I shouldn't replace my original file every single time. This makes it easier to track my work hope to go back to fix a mistake I've made. Overall this program seems simple enough. Editing won't be much for me as long as I am able to remember these things.


No comments:

Post a Comment