Monday, November 25, 2019

Music video filming


 Filming my music video has been serene so far. I hope it remains this way throughout my entire process. On top of that, I manage to stick to my storyline. These are all tiny accomplishments that I am extremely proud of. The Thanksgiving holiday is around the corner, which means I'll be on a short break from school. During this break I plan on taking all my takes, so I can spend a little more over a week editing. I only have two locations to work with and very few props are needed. Something I may struggle with though, is shooting the high angle I had plan on using for the bible scene on my storyboard. If I'm not able to find someone to assist me with it, I may end up changing a few things and improvising.

 For shooting itself, I haven't used the provided cameras yet. Using the camera was my initial plan, but that changed along the process. I have an iPhone 6s Plus and I'm content with the camera quality it provides. I attempted to use the camera a few days ago, but the time of day I needed to use for shooting was too dark for the camera to pick up any light and I didn't have the correct lighting to fix that. My phone was able to pick up lighting; therefore, I decided to stick with it. I've only shot with my phone so far and it hasn’t been giving me any trouble. I have enough storage to shoot to my heart’s content, that’s exactly what I plan on doing. Moreover, I need to purchase a tripod mount for my phone. Because I’m going to be panning and shooting some high angles, I need my phone to be as secure as possible.  Mounts are inexpensive, so it’s not much to worry about.

 Furthermore, I believe I filmed a good quarter of my music video. I have a ton of scenery shots that will go well with my theme. On my bus ride home, I plastered my phone to a window and shot a bunch of scenes as the bus was in motion. They came out beautiful. All I need now is the car scene and a couple of more house scenes. For the car scene, a backup plan surprisingly isn’t needed. Whether it’s raining or sunny, both will fit well with the music video. Also, If I have more time, I will be sure to shoot some random scenes. Who knows? The takes may just end up being a great addition to my music video. So, as I said again, filming so far has been a breeze. Hopefully it’s able to remain that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment